Monday, July 7, 2014

Tally for the week....

- 1 clean house - I actually can't take credit for it, but I really appreciate my house cleaning lady!
- 1 clean car (inside and out!)
- 3 clean bikes
- A visit to a very yummy bakery in Black Diamond
- 1 good week of work outs / 1 so-so week of workouts (16/18 hours completed one week) and not so good this past week...
- Couldn't hold it together for 2 big weeks of training.  Did well with long ride on Sat both weeks, but couldn't follow through with second long ride on Sunday both weeks.

When I stop to think about how things went it becomes pretty obvious - not much sleep and poor recovery food that was ill timed post ride on Sat. This then carries over to the next day, blah, blah, blah....

What is the  moral? Finding balance.  For my nephews birthday in May - I compromised and rode my bike to the party (in Drumheller). Last weekend - I compromised the workouts to spend time with family. 

On a more positive note - my running is progressing forward!! (slooowly).  I have given the Hoka's a fair trial, but can't tolerate the ankle situation - the shoe is not cut low enough around the ankle for me. The Altra's, on the other hand, seem to be agreeing with me.  Since I'm increasing my run very conservatively, I haven't had any significant soreness (calves/achilles) post runs - sore quads for 3 days post stairs - YES.  I start a new session with Llew this week, so we'll see how I do in the Altra's.  

That is all....

Happy training, Ciao Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment