Saturday, January 28, 2012

AND LET'S BEGIN.... (again)

Well, I survived the cold/sinus crap that was almost a "man cold". Back to my regular training schedule of triclub classes and work on my own.

I've really noticed my body responding well to recovery rides/runs and just the right amount of intensity. That was a hard lesson learned last spring with way too much intensity.
Had a little chat with Jon in regard to running. He suggested getting more, shorter runs in and not struggling to get in a long run on Sundays as much as just getting time on my feet. I'm going to take his advice and make my longest run 50 - 60 minutes, then keep the other 2 or 3 ~30 minutes at a comfortable pace. Need to get my Garmin heart rate monitor sorted as I replaced the battery, but couldn't get it to work - apparently it has to be resynched with the computer. Why are electronics such a challenge for me? Honestly, all companies should idiot proof their stuff through me first! So that will be my next little project.....

Settling into the 3 hour Sat bike class slowly. Managed not to die and complete a time trial this morning. Said yes to it, with great trepidation, as Grant went around the room to see who was in and who was out. I was so excited with my results from Dec, that I didn't want to spoil that feeling. Thought ok, maybe 5 watts more, and not count it at all if it was worse than Dec. I surprised myself and had another personal best!! 3 watts up (not quite 5W), but still the right direction. So happy with that.

All that after a nice evening out for the Triclub Social at Speed Theory Friday night. Good turn out and nice to meet some new members. Can't wait for the floatables in Feb!

Ciao, Cindy

PS: Almost died laughing watching the video link on Grant's blog this week - I had a very serious conversation about "carbon bells" with Cam and Darcy at Speed Theory when I bought my Argon 18... until they clued me in. They are so patient with me, thanks guys....

No comments:

Post a Comment