Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Solid Week of Training....

Here I go again.....
I love training. I do better when I have something to train for, with minimal distractions, but life does go on.
I've had a 2 week stretch of "return to training" - the first week, getting back into things. The second week -> solid effort with 2 swims, a brick, a couple of runs and a nice ride on Sat with Gerald, Cathy and Jon - who are all competing in Ironman Canada this weekend. Thank goodness they're all tapering and I had the illusion I could still keep up to some degree ;0! They were very nice to me and let me tag along.....

So happy to be enjoying our great summer weather and I can never get enough of biking.
Feel like I'm starting from square one again with running, but I will persevere! Back to shorter runs of ~30 min, but incorporating run school, some hill intervals, so at least it's coming along. I'll gradually keep increasing my distance. Injury free is where I want to be! I need to start pushing things in the pool again, maybe next week? I even did some core work after running - but crap, I can't do a freakin' push-up to save my life.

I looked anxiously for the results of the ITU Pan Am Triathlon on Aug 21 as both Grant and Jon were competing. Unfortunately, neither had a great race, but in reading their blogs, both seem to have come to terms with their season/results. Glad to hear they are still going to stay focused and move forward. I feel for them both as I know how hard they both train. Keep the focus and continue on is a good way to live life. Learn from mistakes to make the next race better!
I'm in no way, shape or form in their league, but they set a good example to follow for "wannabe's" (like me) to follow and are generous in sharing their wisdom - which I appreciate and have certainly benefited from immensely in my own little world of triathlon.

I'll be watching Ironman Canada from Penticton at home on the computer/tracking thingy....
Good luck to all of you!! Some I know have done multiple Ironman races and lots are doing Ironman for the 1st time. My hat is off to all of you and have a great day - Cathy, Gerald, Jon, Colleen, Kevin, Christine, Ang, Ari, Mike, Faizal, Andrea, Ted, Laren, Dan, David, Rick and James.

Ciao, Cindy
see you all in the fall....

No comments:

Post a Comment