Sunday, July 25, 2010

THE LOVE AFFAIR APPEARS TO BE OVER....

Oh my, I didn't anticipate this would happen, just like that....

Before I left for Europe in early June I sent my little yellow Cannondale to Drumheller with my nephew Logan so he could train for our team triathlon in Canmore. I had just had it in to Cam at Speed Theory for a major tune-up. It was ready to go.

Logan did a fine job riding the little yellow bike in Canmore, with the seat up high, as I watched. I was proud of both of them.

These past weeks since Canmore, I've been on my "very fast red bike" (Argon 18 E112) and the little yellow bike has been in the storage room. This morning I thought I'd take it out for a spin b/c I was going for a leisurely ride with my training buddy, Pauline. We had to change our route near the beginning of our ride b/c we suddenly were getting swallowed up in a "sea of pink" by "The Walk to End Breast Cancer". A little crowded....

So we redirected ourselves out to Chestermere, via the pathway. We completed a 50 km ride and it was beautiful - sunny, hot, deserted. As we headed home, on a sore bum, sore shoulders, and a slower speed than I've become accustomed to (dare I say that out loud?) I realized maybe I didn't need to keep the little yellow Cannondale? Could it be? Was I ready to say, "Goodbye old friend?" Yup, I think so. I love my "new red bike".

My little yellow Cannondale is going to go up on eBay. It's a 2002 Cannondale "Warrior 700R", frame size small (~49 cm) with a Polar CS200 bike computer with cadence and heart rate monitor, Profile Design tri-bars and 2 water bottle cages. I'm not sure of the price, but I hope I can find a good home for it.....

Funny weekend for me and bikes. I felt like I had a stable of horses - all needed to be exercised. Saturday was a nice ride on my Argon 18 tri-bike, Sunday morning was my Cannondale road bike, and Sunday afternoon was my Trek mountain bike, which I consider "my commuter" bike.

All bikes accounted for and decision made. Any takers?

PS -1 week to Calgary 70.3, the count down is on.....

Ciao, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment