Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome to my new blog.

Hi, my name's Cindy and I'm a triathlete. I did my first Sprint triathlon in July, 2005 after having knee surgery to repair a torn ACL in 2004. I decided I needed a significant change in my physical health after this surgery because I was grossly obese! I've been a spectator at triathlons and thought I'd like to give it a try - I'm a pretty good floater, I can ride a bike, and I can walk 5 km. It's all in a straight line and shouldn't aggravate my knee and I needed to get moving. I was off and running (well walking fast...) and I completed my first race. I was hooked and had started losing some weight and feeling better. I spent a lot of time at the gym and signed up for a lot of classes - swimming in the early am, weight training for triathlete's, cycling for endurance athletes. I was becoming a class junky, but really enjoyed the training and still do. The next season I hired a coach and continued my classes. 2006 - first Olympic distance (running's getting a bit better, down 30 lb.); 2007 - 3 races; 2008 - 200 mile cycling event (Seattle to Portland in 2 days) with 9499 other riders (down 40 lb); 2009 - Viterra 70.3 Ironman in Calgary (hit 50 lb weight loss). 2010 - Viterra 70.3 Ironman in Calgary (1.5 hours faster than last year).

No comments:

Post a Comment